Today we are comparing if the Harmon Kardon onyx studio 6 is an upgrade to the 5. Quality is essential to get the clean, noise-free sound all true audiophiles crave. Harman Kardon onyx studio five vs. 6: is it worth the upgrade?
Harmon Kardon Onyx Studio 5
- Harman Kardon Onyx studio 5 Bluetooth 4. 2 enables wireless streaming for room-filling sound & Speakerphone lets you take hands-free calls
- Rechargeable battery provides up to 8 hours of playtime, so you can keep the party going all night long
- 50W total system power and 50Hz – 20kHz frequency response for crisp sound & connect up to 2 smart devices at the same time and take turns playing DJ
- Wirelessly connect 2 Harman Kardon Onyx studio 5 speakers for an elevated Audio experience (additional speaker sold separately)
- Round silhouette and premium fabric cover deliver an elegant look and feel & integrated aluminum carrying handle makes it easy to take the speaker anywhere
Harmon Kardon Onyx Studio 6
- 8 HOURS OF PLAYTIME: this Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 6 speaker features a rechargeable battery that supports up to 8 hours of playtime.
- IPX7 WATERPROOF: use this wireless portable speaker at any place within the home without worrying, like by the kitchen sink.
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH STREAMING: stream music wirelessly via Bluetooth to enjoy room-filling sound. Connect up to 2 smart devices at the same time and take turns playing music.
- PREMIUM MATERIALS: the premium wireless speaker is crafted in a unique aluminum and fabric finish for a truly elegant look and feel.
- PREMIUM SOUND & EXTRA BASS: this Harman Kardon speaker has 50W rated power – Woofer 1 x 120mm, Tweeter 1 x 25mm
Harman Kardon onyx studio 5 vs 6
While both of these H/K Bluetooth speakers are of good quality, there’s much debate over which is better. The only way to find out if less is more was to test them. On paper and specs, both models look very similar.
What We Were Looking For
If you’re intent on listening to professional-quality audio coming from your phone, tablet, or computer wireless, you can’t do without the likes of an accurate sounding pair of Bluetooth speakers. We wanted to know:
- Is the Harmon Kardon Onyx Studio 6 is un upgrade.
- What are the differences between the H/K onyx studio 5 vs 6.
- Weight and design diffrences.
- Whether the studio 6 justifies its significantly higher price point.
First let’s breakdown the technical info for both Bluetooth speakers.
Common Features 1: Bluetooth Version 4.2
Both speakers work on the same version of Bluetooth.
frequency response : 50Hz-20kHz (-6dB)
Because both devices are products of Harman Kardon, you won’t find any difference between them when it comes to the there frequency response of 50Hz-20kHz (-6dB)And again, unless your intended audience is dogs or maybe bats, no one is likely to notice the difference.
Standard Features 2: Transducers
The H/K Onyx Studio 5 and 6 transducers are as follows, Woofer 1 x 120mm, Tweeter 1 x 25mm.
With studio 5, it’s debatable whether or not the latest model has any differences when it comes to sound quality.
The Studio 6 is the latest model, and as we are comparing standard features, internally not much different the 5.
Why? Only because simply, both of these models’ standard specs are the same.
Unique Features: Onyx Studio 5
The Onyx Studio 5 is just heavier, but it’s so close! And while that might not seem like a lot, every little bit helps when you’re out carrying other gear.
The Onyx studio five can be purchased for about 28% less than studio 6. If you’re on a budget, that is excellent savings.
Unique Features: Onyx Studio 6
This feature is a BIG one; you use this wireless portable speaker at any place within the home without worrying, like by the kitchen sink.
Winner: Onyx Studio 6
Why? It cost a bit more, but it’s a much more versatile speaker because it’s IPX7 waterproof.
Onyx Studio 5 vs 6 : Pros and Cons
Below is a breakdown of the good and the bad of each of these Bluetooth speakers. For a quick overview of the perks and downfalls read on and you’ll soon have an idea of which mic will work best for you.
Pros of Onyx Studio 5
- Lower Price.
- 8 Hrs. of playtime.
- Light, portable and affordable.
- Rechargeable battery
Cons of Onyx Studio 5
- Slightly heavier then the Studio 6
- Not IPX7 waterproof
Pros of the Onyx Studio 6
- IPX7 waterproof.
- 8 Hrs of playtime.
- Weights less then the Studio 5
- Remarkably compact and portable.
Cons of the 2i2
- More expensive than the studio 5
It’s hard to find a significant fault with both models. It is; after all, both are good portable Bluetooth speaker options. But, if we assume that coughing up the extra few bucks isn’t going to be an issue, then we have to come down on the side of the Onyx Studio 6. The IPX7 waterproof feature adds an extra layer of versatility and security without losing the quality that puts it over the top.
You May Also Like
- 5 of the Best Digital Mixers for Your Recording Studio
- Best Amplifier For Ceiling Speakers
- Top 10 Best PlayStation 5 Soundbars
- Best Pixel Art Speaker 2022
- What is an Audio Interface?
- Best Vocal Compressor For Beginners