The Best Audio Interface for iPhone
Audio interface for iPhone? We have you covered!
This article will be looking at some of the best accessible plug-and-play audio interfaces for use with the Apple iPhone smartphone. Finding a good quality audio interface for use with lightning cable connectivity can be something of a challenge.
In easy terms, this means the box is set up without having to buy extra cables or adapters for an additional cost.
The Best iPhone Audio Interfaces
Apogee Jam Plus
If portability is the maximum critical characteristic for you, then Apogee Jam+ takes the cake. It’s a 0.25lbs audio interface that is available in a form-thing extra like an out sized flash drive.
- Studio quality USB instrument input and headphone output Apogee’s pure digital connection for pristine sound quality24-bit/96kHz recording
- Overdrive mode makes virtual amps and effects sound more realistic
- Output Blend feature offers zero-latency monitoring and recording
- Includes BIAS FX Jam software from Positive Grid
- Rugged metal body with soft-touch base
- plug in and play Works with iOS, Mac, and PC
iRig HD 2
Perhaps one of the more diverse models on our list, this audio interface offers convenience and quality in equal measure. It also features easy to use rotary knobs that allow for crisp, clear sound.
- The successor to the popular and best-selling iRig HD
- 1/4 in. instrument input for use with guitar, bass, and other instruments
- 1/4 in. AMP output for use with an external amplifier without an adaptor
- 1/8 in. headphone output for silent practice
- Selectable dual-mode switch: FX and THRU
- Input gain thumbwheel for easy signal control
- Comes with mic stand support and a Velcro strip
- Comes with AmpliTube and other powerful IK applications and software
Shure is well known for its reliability and quality when it comes to audio interfaces. This high-end device boasts supremely easy use as well as being compatible with a variety of smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
- Intuitive controls with smart technology
- Retro design with a classic look
- Connect guitar, bass, and more to iOS, Mac, or PC
- Five built-in DSP preset modes
- Intuitive touch panel
Focusrite Itrack Solo
It’s hard to find significant fault with the Focusrite Scarlett Solo. It is, after all, an option if working with a limited budget. But if we assume that coughing up the extra 50 bucks isn’t going to be an issue, we have to come down on the side of the 2i2.
Not only is it on par with the Solo when it comes to delivering for solo artists, but it adds an extra layer of versatility without any loss of quality (thanks to the pair of preamps) that puts it over the top.
- Lightning device compatibility
- High-quality award-winning Focusrite microphone input
- Compatible with iPad, Mac OS X, and Windows
- Record your songs with many apps like Garageband
- Directly connect your microphone or instrument
- Aluminum unibody case
- Signal halos for level and clip indication
- Outputs on the back panel allow you to connect directly to your speakers
- Front panel headphone output for easy monitoring
- Large speaker/headphone level dial and “Direct Monitor” function
- Scarlett Plug-In Suite: professional plug-ins for PC and Mac
An audio interface can take a piece of music from something less than desirable to an incredible audio experience.
Using one of the best iPhone 12 plug-and-play audio interfaces will allow you to fuller sound within your recording. When shopping for an option, it is essential to find one easy to use and effective.